Chair: Lieu Tran, MD
Co-Chair: Tammy N. Wang, MD
Vice Chair: Philip C. Carullo, MD
The mission of SPAERS is to support medical students and residents in their exploration of pediatric anesthesiology as a future career. We aim to inform, engage, and excite generations of potential future pediatric anesthesiologists. SPAERS is a Subcommittee of the Education Committee for the Society for Pediatric Anesthesia (SPA).
We plan to achieve our goals through the following efforts:
- Medical Student and Resident Engagement (MSRE) – Provide early mentorship to medical students and residents. Increase trainee engagement with the goal of improving their knowledge of the field, the profession, and life in pediatric anesthesiology. Ongoing engagement endeavors include:
- Trainee engagement at the Anesthesiology Annual Meeting
- Provision of scholarships to attend SPA-AAP Annual Meeting
- Virtual programming for residents/medical students to meet pediatric anesthesiologists to learn about our profession – via the SPAERS Spotlight Series.
- Pediatric Anesthesia Resident Education (PARE) – Create the pediatric anesthesiology resident rotation director network. Improve the education of residents during their pediatric anesthesiology rotation.
NEW! Meeting Scholarships for Students & Residents
Are you a resident or student? You can apply for the 2024 SPA-AAP Pediatric Anesthesiology Meeting Scholarship to assist with meeting travel expenses.
- Receive $1,500 to attend the meeting.
- Get to know a SPA member!
4 criteria to be considered:
- Submit an abstract. All types are acceptable.
- Be the presenting author of the abstract
- Attend the meeting in person
- Be or become a SPA member (free!)
Questions? Contact Dr. Lieu Tran at [email protected].
NEW! SPA Spotlight Series
Would you like to learn more about life in pediatric anesthesiology? The SPA Spotlight Series is for you!
We are hosting a webinar series called SPA Spotlight on Careers in Pediatric Anesthesiology (SPA Spotlight Series). With each webinar, a panel of pediatric anesthesiologists from around the country will discuss their paths in the field and their current work.
Our first webinar is on November 16th, 7:00-8:00 PM EST. The topic is Pediatric Anesthesiology and Global Health.
Join us for a fun discussion!
To register: Click on the flyer image and use the QR code or click here.