The Pediatric Anesthesia Program Directors Association (PAPDA) is an organization comprised of pediatric anesthesiology program directors and those associated with fellowship education. It is an open organization that includes associate program directors and pediatric anesthesiology educators.
The VISION of the PAPDA is to provide exemplary pediatric anesthesiology education and perioperative care for children worldwide. The PAPDA will be the primary source of regulatory and educational information for program directors in ACGME-approved pediatric anesthesiology fellowship programs.
The MISSION of the PAPDA is to promote advanced clinical training in perioperative care for pediatric patients by providing the highest quality education to future pediatric anesthesiologists with emphasis on clinical excellence, lifelong scholarship, professional development, personal wellness and career mentorship.
The GOALS of the PAPDA are
Programs and Members: support academic advancement and growth
- To establish and maintain a list of all ACGME-approved fellowship program directors and assistant directors
- To ensure communication amongst the program directors, through sponsorship of periodic gatherings, and e-communication with members
- To run a fellowship match in partnership with the NRMP or other selected entity; including dissemination of information regarding process, compliance, participation
- To evaluate the match annually to ensure that it remains an equitable and accessible tool that enhances each residents and programs selection process.
Education: improve the quality of pediatric anesthesiology education through dissemination of best practices of medical education
- To align the educational missions and goals of PAPDA with the ACGME, ABA, and provide periodic updates to members on important changes and issues
- To develop standardize, maintain and disseminate peer reviewed quality educational materials through partnership with SPA and other societies
- To support the collaborative development and validation of evaluation tools that reliably measure achievement of core competencies in pediatric anesthesiology, and ensure their availability to all programs
Outreach: to advance pediatric anesthesiology through national and international education initiatives
- To ensure open communication between PAPDA membership and the anesthesiology review committee of the ACGME.
- To maintain communication with other pediatric anesthesiology organizations (SPA, AAP SOA, PALC, COPA-ASA)
- To support and participate in SAAC-AASPD, and coordinate initiatives with other anesthesiology subspecialty fellowships and the core residency programs
- To collaborate with international pediatric anesthesia organizations
PAPDA Board of Directors:
Concetta Lupa, MD
University of North Carolina Children’s Hospital
Doyle Lim, MD
Nemours Children’s Hospital – Delaware
Marco Corridore, MD
Nationwide Children’s Hospital
Immediate Past President
Justin L. Lockman, MD, MSEd, FAAP
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
At-Large Board Members
Jennifer Lau, MD
Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
Joseph M. Sisk, MD
University of North Carolina
Jenna M. Helmer Sobey, MD
PAPDA meets at least twice per year: once in conjunction with the annual meeting of the Society of Academic Anesthesiology Associations and Perioperative Medicine, and once at the SPA Winter/Spring Meeting.
PAPDA website – NEW!