Chair: Jorge A. Galvez, MD
Immediate Past Chair: Mohamed A. Rehman, MD
Secretary: Allan Simpao, MD
Board Member: Randy Brenn, MD
Board Member: Peter Szmuk, MD
International Member: Clyde Matava, MD, MBChB
The Biomedical Informatics Special Interest Group in the Society for Pediatric Anesthesia is created by leaders in clinical informatics and specifically anesthesia information management systems focused for pediatric perioperative medicine. The special interest group is focused on developing standards and improve the functionality of information systems to support safe and effective pediatric perioperative care worldwide. The special interest group led to the standardization of the pediatric pre-anesthesia evaluation form terms which is available to institutions worldwide.
Our mission is to:
- Improve education and training of pediatric anesthesiologists in the discipline of clinical informatics, clinical decision support systems and data science.
- Develop standards for pediatric perioperative care in partnership with electronic health record system developers worldwide.
- Establish framework for multi-center research collaboration centered on electronic health record data.
- Innovate in the field of clinical informatics, medical device development with special interest in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications.
- Pediatric Pre-Anesthesia Evaluation Form Standards
- Emergency Checklist integration in Electronic Health Record Systems
- Difficult Airway Syndrome terminology standardization
Recent Publications / Relevant Materials
- Pediatric Difficult Airway Terminology mapping in SNOMED-CT (Systematic Nomenclature of Medical Terminology – Clinical Terms) https://confluence.ihtsdotools.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=57807781