Chair:David Frankville, MD
Thank you for your interest in the NAPSA. If you are viewing this page, it means we share a special interest in caring for children with spinal deformities.
While our current members consist primarily of anesthesiologists, we are closely collaborating with the Harms Study Group, a team of surgeons dedicated to spinal deformity research. We extend a warm welcome to anesthesiologists, surgeons, intensivists, neurophysiologists, operating room personnel, pain specialists, hospitalists, psychologists, and any others with an interest in the care of children with spinal deformities.
As NAPSA members, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Open communication with other NAPSA members.
- Sharing of techniques and protocols.
- Discussions on case management.
- Academic opportunities.
As a newly formed Special Interest Group, we need your involvement to realize these benefits. Our ongoing projects include:
- Establishing an efficient and non-intrusive communication platform for the group.
- Creating a bulletin board to share techniques and protocols.
- Expanding our survey on anesthetic and pain management, with continuous availability of the survey results for all.
- Advancing our active multicenter project on the impact of anesthesia and pain management on outcomes following surgery for adolescent scoliosis.
- Initiating and supporting other academic and hospital quality management projects.
Your participation and contributions to these endeavors will greatly contribute to the growth and success of NAPSA.
If you would like to join us or learn more about our activities, please contact us.
|Board of Directors|
|David Frankville MD, Interim Chair||Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego|
|Sabina DiCindio DO, Past Chair||Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware|
|Robert Wilder MD, PhD, Chair Elect||Mayo Clinic|
|Ty Muhly MD||Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia|
|Laura Gilbertson MD||Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta|
|Michael Montana MD||Washington University St. Louis|
|Vidya Chidambaran MBBS, MD||Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center|
|Simon Whyte MBBS||BC Children’s Hospital|
|Kesavan Sadacharam MD||Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware|
|Paul Sponseller MD||Johns Hopkins Children’s Center|
|Michelle Marks||Harms Study Group, Executive Research Director|