Chair: Brad M. Taicher, DO, MBA
Immediate Past Chair: Srijaya K. Reddy, MD, MBA
Database Director: Paul A. Stricker, MD
Franklin Chiao, MD
Karene Ricketts, MD
Codruta Soneru, MD
Lilian Zamora, MD
The Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group (PCCG) is a group of individuals representing 33 institutions interested in the care of children with craniofacial defects, particularly craniosynostosis. These children require surgical correction that is complicated and with attendant perioperative risks. The goal of the PCCG is to leverage our data, experiences, and expertise in caring for these children, with an aim of improving their perioperative care. The Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group established the Pediatric Craniofacial Surgery Perioperative Registry PCSPR) to elucidate practices and outcomes in children undergoing craniofacial surgery. We have published several manuscripts on this topic. Currently, all participating institutions receive quarterly quality improvement reports. Work is currently underway to develop a consensus statement regarding the care of children undergoing open craniosynostosis repair during the perioperative period.
- Stricker PA, Goobie SM, Cladis FP, Haberkern CM, Meier PM, Reddy SK, Nguyen TT, Cai L, Polansky M, Szmuk P; Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Perioperative outcomes and management in pediatric complex cranial vault reconstruction: a multicenter benchmarking study from the Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Anesthesiology 2017;126(2):276-287.
- Goobie SM, Cladis FP, Huang H, Glover CD, Reddy SK, Fernandez A, Zurakowski D, Gries H, Stricker PA; the Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Safety of antifibrinolytics in cranial vault reconstructive surgery: a report from the pediatric craniofacial collaborative group. Paediatr Anaesth 2017;27(3):271-281.
- Thompson DR, Zurakowski D, Haberkern CM, Stricker PA, Meier PM, Bannister C, Benzon H, Binstock W, Bosenberg A, Brzenski A, Budac S, Busso V, Capehart S, Chiao F, Cladis F, Collins M, Cusick J, Dabek R, Dalesio N, Falcon R, Fernandez A, Fernandez P, Fiadjoe J, Gangadharan M, Gentry K, Glover C, Goobie S, Gries H, Griffin A, Groenewald CB, Hajduk J, Hall R, Hansen J, Hetmaniuk M, Hsieh V, Huang H, Ingelmo P, Ivanova I, Jain R, Koh J, Kowalczyk-Derderian C, Kugler J, Labovsky K, Martinez JL, Mujallid R, Muldowney B, Nguyen KP, Nguyen T, Olutuye O, Soneru C, Petersen T, Poteet-Schwartz K, Reddy S, Reid R, Ricketts K, Rubens D, Skitt R, Sohn L, Staudt S, Sung W, Syed T, Szmuk P, Taicher B, Tetreault L, Wattts R, Wong K, Young V, Zamora L; Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Endoscopic versus open repair for craniosynostosis in infants using propensity score matching to compare outcomes: a multicenter study from the Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Anesth Analg 2018;126(3):968-975.
- Glover CD, Fernandez AM, Huang H, Derderian C, Binstock W, Reid R, Dalesio NM, Zhong J, Stricker PA; Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Perioperative outcomes and management in midface advancement surgery: a multicenter observational descriptive study from the Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Paediatr Anaesth. 2018 Aug;28(8):710-718. doi: 10.1111/pan.13418. Epub 2018 Jun 19. PMID:29920872
- Goobie SM, Zurakowski D, Isaac KV, Taicher BM, Fernandez PG, Derderian CK, Hetmaniuk M, Stricker PA; Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Predictors of perioperative complications in paediatric cranial vault reconstruction surgery: a multicentre observational study from the Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Br J Anaesth. 2019 Feb;122(2):215-223. doi: 10.1016/j.bja.2018.10.061. Epub 2018 Dec 19. Erratum in: Br J Anaesth. 2019 May;122(5):703. PMID: 30686307
- Fernandez PG, Taicher BM, Goobie SM, Gangadharan M, Homi HM, Kugler JA, Skitt R, Cai L, Polansky M, Stricker PA; Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Predictors of transfusion outcomes in pediatric complex cranial vault reconstruction: a multicentre observational study from the Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Can J Anaesth. 2019 May;66(5):512-526. doi: 10.1007/s12630-019-01307-w. Epub 2019 Feb 14. PMID:30767183
- Fernandez AM, Reddy SK, Gordish-Dressman H, Muldowney BL, Martinez JL, Chiao F, Stricker PA; Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Perioperative Outcomes and Surgical Case Volume in Pediatric Complex Cranial Vault Reconstruction: A Multicenter Observational Study From the Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Anesth Analg. 2019 Oct;129(4):1069-1078. doi: 10.1213/ANE.0000000000003515. PMID: 30222655
- Jalali A, Lonsdale H, Zamora LV, Ahumada L, Nguyen ATH, Rehman M, Fackler J, Stricker PA, Fernandez AM; Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Machine learning applied to registry data: development of a patient-specific prediction model for blood transfusion requirements during craniofacial surgery using the Pediatric Craniofacial Perioperative Registry Dataset. Anesth Analg 2021;132(1):160-171.
- Derderian CK, Derderian CA, Fernandez A, Glover CD, Goobie S, Hansen JK, King M, Kugler J, Lang SS, Meier-Haran P, Nelson O, Reddy SK, Reid R, Ricketts K, Rottgers SA, Singh D, Szmuk P, Taicher BM, Taylor J, Stricker PA. The Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group (PCCG) Consensus Conference Methodology. Paediatr Anaesth 2021;31(2):145-149.
- Lang SS, Meier PM, Paden WZ, Storm PB, Heuer GG, Bartlett SP, Taylor JA, Swanson JW, Meara JG, Proctor M, Okunowo O, Stricker PA; Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Spring-mediated cranioplasty versus endoscopic strip craniectomy for sagittal craniosynostosis. J Neurosurg Pediatr 2021;28(4):416-424.
- King MR, Staffa SJ, Stricker PA, Pérez-Pradilla C, Nelson O, Benzon HA, Goobie SM; Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Safety of antifibrinolytics in 6583 pediatric patients having craniosynostosis surgery: a decade of data reported from the multicenter Pediatric Craniofacial Collaborative Group. Paediatr Anaesth 2022 (online ahead of print).