Chair: Debnath Chatterjee, MD, FAAP
A special interest group in fetal anesthesia was established to foster collaboration, networking, and promote research among pediatric anesthesiologists with an interest in fetal anesthesia.
The goals and objectives of this special interest group are as follows:
- Promote the exchange and sharing of clinical protocols and innovations in anesthesia for fetal interventions.
- Establish best practice guidelines for the anesthetic management of fetal interventions.
- Develop curricular resources for pediatric anesthesiologists interested in anesthesia for fetal interventions.
- Identify current knowledge gaps and encourage clinical and outcomes research in the area of anesthesia for fetal interventions.
- Collaborate with other committees such as the ASA committee on pediatric anesthesia, ASA committee on obstetric anesthesia, and the North American Fetal Therapy Network.