What are the benefits of SPA membership?
The SPA benefits its members by providing opportunities for furthering professional development in the field of pediatric anesthesia and improving patient care in the following ways:
- Quality CME activities that offer education in state-of-the-art issues that directly affect and enhance the practice of anesthesia and perioperative care
- Discounted registration fees at SPA sponsored meetings
- Forum for networking with other pediatric anesthesia medical professionals
- Research and scientific progress through grant funding in SPA Young Investigator Research Grants
- Complimentary subscription to the SPA online newsletter
- A discounted membership to the IARS, which includes subscription to Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Reduced fees for the international journal, Pediatric Anesthesia
- Up-to-date website that provides a wealth of information at the touch of a button
- Members Only section of the website which provides an avenue for communicating with other members, protected member directory, online dues renewal and meeting registration
- Automatic reporting of Category 1 credit toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award, earned at SPA sponsored activities, to the American Board of Anesthesiology in accordance with MOCA
What are the categories of SPA membership?
Active Members: The active class of member shall consist of physicians who have an interest in pediatric anesthesia and are eligible to be members of the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
Affiliate Members: The affiliate class of membership shall consist of physicians who have an interest in pediatric anesthesia and are ineligible to be members of ASA and nonphysicians who have an interest in pediatric anesthesia. Any person classified as an affiliate member shall not have voting privileges and shall be restricted from election to the Society’s Board of Directors.
International Membership with SPA, CCAS, and SPPM): Physicians practicing outside of the US and Canada who have an interest in pediatric anesthesia, pediatric pain medicine, and congenital heart disease and are eligible to be affiliate members of the ASA. International members will receive membership in the Congenital Cardiac Anesthesia Society, Society for Pediatric Anesthesia, and Society for Pediatric Pain Medicine. Each International Member shall be entitled to one vote on each matter submitted to the membership of the Society for a vote. The tiered dues categories are based on the World Bank of Economies. Please refer to the SPA Website to determine your tier.
Active/Affiliate Joint Membership with CCAS: Active and affiliate SPA members qualify for joint membership with the Congenital Cardiac Anesthesia Society.
Active/Affiliate A Joint Membership with SPPM: Active and Affiliate SPA members qualify for joint membership with the Society for Pediatric Pain Medicine.
Fellow: Physicians performing post residency fellowship training. Fellow members will receive memberships with SPA, CCAS and SPPM
Resident: Physicians in an approved residency training program. Resident membership requires endorsement by program director. Resident members will receive memberships with SPA, CCAS and SPPM.
How do I join a special interest group (SIG)?
Please visit the SIG information pages for contact information and reach out to the SIG leadership – or attend a SIG meeting held in conjunction with SPA meetings.
How do I contact the SPA Office?
Phone: 804-282-9780 · Fax: 804-282-0090 · firstname.lastname@example.org
Does SPA offer a group membership/discount?
Yes! Receive a 10% discount on member dues if you have 100% participation in the group billing program from your practice or institution. The Society will send one comprehensive renewal notice to include all the SPA members in your practice or institution. Contact Greg Leasure, Membership Manager, at email@example.com or 804-565-6305 to establish group billing for your member dues or to find out more about the 10% discount.
When does my membership expire?
Depending on when you join with SPA, your membership will expire in January or July of the next year.
How do I log on to Members section of the SPA website?
Once a member, you can use your username and password here: https://www.pedsanesthesia.org/members/
How do I get involved in SPA?
We advance the safety and quality of anesthesia care, perioperative care, and pain management in children by educating clinicians, supporting research, and fostering collaboration among clinicians, patient families, and professional organizations worldwide.
- Join a committee.
- Serve on the board.
- Nominate someone for an award.
- Write an article for the newsletter.
- Apply for a Grant.
- Submit an article or social media post.
- Connect with colleagues on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Get involved with a Special Interest Group (SIG).
- Industry Partnership: Exhibiting and/or Advertising.