CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline to submit is January 6, 2023
The Society for Pediatric Anesthesia’s Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is pleased to announce the Mission Driven Mentoring Program (MDMP).
Informed by member responses to the 2020 SPA diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) survey, the MDMP aims to advance DE&I work in pediatric anesthesiology by supporting the growth and advancement of individuals who participate in these efforts. MDMP offers collaborative project development through mentorship/sponsorship. Program activities are focused on expanding networks and collaborations through activities like incubator sessions with DEI peers and systematic dissemination of the work through the SPA.
Grants will fund SPA member (including SPA trainee members)-initiated efforts that aim to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion at a variety of levels within pediatric anesthesiology. We invite proposals that can be completed during a 1-year funding period. Reflecting current opportunities, we are open to a variety of approaches to advancing DEI, e.g. quality improvement, dissemination and implementation science, advocacy, research, workforce pipeline, representation within SPA membership.
The MDMP curriculum and resources include: (1 year):
- Pairing with one or more MDMP faculty members who will provide mentorship through project completion.
- Small pilot funding (up to $5,000) to support the development of the proposed project.
- Networking opportunities with faculty working on DE&I
- Work in progress presentation to the DEI Committee at the 2023 Fall Meeting
- Presentation to SPA members at the 2024 Spring Meeting
Unsure if your proposal would fit this program? Please email [email protected]
January 6, 2023: Submit application documents to [email protected]
February 2023: Notification of acceptance
April 2023: Funding available