CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline to submit is February 1, 2022
The Society for Pediatric Anesthesia’s Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is pleased to announce the Mission Driven Mentoring Program (MDMP).
Informed by member responses to the 2020 SPA diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) survey, the MDMP aims to advance DE&I work in pediatric anesthesiology by supporting the growth and advancement of individuals who participate in these efforts. MDMP provides DE&I training through a structured curriculum and skills building through practical work. It also provides opportunities for mentees to network with DE&I faculty at the national level.
Grants will fund SPA member (including SPA trainee members)-initiated efforts that aim to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion at a variety of levels within pediatric anesthesiology. We invite proposals that can be completed during a 1-year funding period. Reflecting current opportunities, we are open to a variety of approaches to advancing DEI, e.g. quality improvement, dissemination and implementation science, advocacy, research, workforce pipeline, representation within SPA membership.
The MDMP curriculum and resources include: (1 year):
- 10 talks (virtual and in-person) covering: structural racism, social determinants of health in health disparities research; advocacy at the state level; expanding the pipeline; pearls from anesthesia leaders in equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Pairing with one or more MDMP faculty members who will provide mentorship through project completion.
- Small pilot funding (up to $5,000) to support the development of the proposed project.
- Networking opportunities with faculty working on DE&I during in person meetings at the 2022 Spring Meeting
- Work in progress presentation to the DEI Committee at the 2022 Fall Meeting
- Presentation to SPA members at the 2023 Spring Meeting
Unsure if your proposal would fit this program? Please email [email protected]
February 1, 2022: Submit application documents to [email protected]
February 15, 2022: Notification of acceptance
April 1, 2022: Funding available