The Quality and Safety Committee of the Society for Pediatric Anesthesia (SPA) developed a set of critical-event checklists designed to support clinician responses to pediatric perioperative life-threatening critical events. These checklists are free and have been translated into multiple languages. They serve as (1) a repository of the latest evidence-based and expert opinion-based information to guide response and management of critical events, (2) as a source of just-in-time information during critical events, and (3) as a method to facilitate a shared understanding of required actions among team members during a critical event.
- Critical Events Checklist
- Critical Events Checklist – Spanish Version
- Critical Events Checklist – Chinese
- Critical Events Checklist – French
- Critical Events Checklist – Portuguese
- Critical Events Checklist – Turkish
- Download the Turkish version to your Android device
- Critical Events Checklist – Tagalog
- Critical Events Checklist – Hebrew
- Critical Events Checklist – Ukrainian
- Implementation & Training Guide
- How to add the checklists to your institution’s computers
- Intraoperative Handoff Tool
The translated checklists are from an earlier version of the checklist; the English version is the most up to date.
Please email us at SPAPediCrisis@gmail.com if you have any feedback, questions or comments about the Pedi Crisis checklists or app, or just to let us know how you are using the checklists. We would also like to hear from you if you have identified any problems with the checklists, or if there are any alterations that are needed.
COVID Pediatric Airway Checklist
CHECKLISTS SIMULATION SCENARIOS